STEP 3: I got the grant...what now?
You are about to create a fantastic project!
After you receive your check, we'll need just a few things
to keep us posted on your progress:
1. Email us a monthly report. Please email us a SHORT (50 - 150 words max) monthly report. Set a date each month to email it to us. Your reports will be presented at each WIPLA board meeting.
2. Send photos or samples of your progress with your monthly and final reports! We will feature your project on our website to generate interest and investment in North Louisiana's cultural sector.
3. We would love to see your project in progress! Invite our board members to your studio/theater/venue/gig to check out your work - when it is convenient for you.
4. A final report is required when your project is complete. Answer the following questions and email your report to us
(500 words max):
A) What is my/our organization’s artistic ambition? What is my plan for supporting and furthering my/our artistic ambitions?
B) Did WIPLA funding help my creative career? Please be specific.
C) How will I/my organization deliver and support our continued activities? Will I continue using a formal budget, performance measures, and earned/donated resources? Why?
D) To achieve my desired goals and/or maintain a sustainable income, do I need to make any changes to my creative practice/business? Be specific.
E) What investments (time, money, work, etc.) do I need to make to attract recurring revenue that will support my art career? How will I raise money for future projects - or adjust plans if I cannot?
F) Tell us about your success with your proposed metrics and benchmarks, and any creative achievements and breakthroughs you experienced during your WIPLA funding period.
G) Explain why your proposed expenses increased or decreased. Confirm that your budget was correct, or why it changed. If you have any unused WIPLA money at the end of your project, please return it to us - we can use it to help another creative professional!
5. Consider serving on the Works In Progress Board of Directors, or making a donation to WIPLA to fund new work by your fellow cultural workers. Both are great ways to serve our creative community, and will keep you on the cutting edge of the arts scene in North Louisiana!